Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September 9, 2008

This has been my Spanish class for these first three weeks. Los Tigures! Once we leave for Community Based Training (CBT), we are just with our technical groups so our Spanish groups change.



Last night when I arrived home my family was setting up for a birthday party for my Dona’s (we call our host moms “Dona”) four year old granddaughter. There were so many kids and so much noise! Wowzers!

So our volunteer visit has been cancelled. We all showed up packed and ready to go visit a volunteer in the field only to find out that it has been canceled. Many of the sites are inaccessible due to flooding. It has been raining ALOT. At night the thunder is unlike any I have ever heard. It honestly sounds Jurassic Park or thunder that one would expect for the end of the world. Kind of cool! So, we are all just sort of hanging out here at the training center. Today and tomorrow we will just be doing a good bit of hanging out. Hopefully we will leave for CBT on Thursday.

2 comments:

karen said...

Hey Katie,

I just sent you an email, but wanted to check on you via your blog.

I LOVE reading about your time in the DR.

love,

Karen

Anonymous said...

Linda Familia! jojojo cuando puedas visita mi blog para que te enteres de mas cosas que he hecho em Santo Domingo...
Gracias y espero respuestas!